Tuesday 20 January 2015

Sake Boxes - Golden Chrysanthemum

This is by far the most challenging piece I have stitched so far. While I am really enjoying it, I don’t think that I am doing my best stitching. However hard I try the short diagonal stitches are just not as even and parallel as I would like. I try to accept that I am doing the best that I can at this time and hope to improve but I get frustrated when my stitching does not match up to my expectation.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

That said, I feel I am improving with each and every flower. I felt that with the first few stitches on this golden chrysanthemum, even the padding, felt better than on previous flowers.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

The silk is not as smooth as I would like but the stitches look more evenly spaced and parallel with a nice angle.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I am particularly pleased with the one point open space between each petal.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Happy Stitching.

6 comments:

Radka said...

From where I see it, it is beautiful stitching :-)
xx

Mary Corbet said...

Coming along beautifully! Love the silk - so lustrous!

Merlynn said...

I absolutely love it !!

Rachel said...

I'm glad that you can identify elements you are pleased with as well as those that you aren't. Remember that the rest of the world probably won't spot any of what you worry about!
The more you do the more your skill will improve - that's the whole point..

Cath said...

It's always a challenge to find a balance with our need for perfection and accepting that the stitching we are doing is a progression to where we want to get to - it is a journey after all. Glad to hear you're enjoying this piece.

D1-D2 said...

You're doing a great job! I think they will come out greater in your eyes as you stitch them.