Wednesday 12 March 2014

Quiet Spots

At first glance it might appear that there is no difference between the pictures on my previous post and those on this post. The centres of the main motifs are, in my view, the stars of the show. There are a few small motifs that are supporting cast. They are, however, integral to the overall design. I see them as quiet spots where the eye can rest a while before moving onto the next highlight.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

I have used subdued colours so that these areas are subtly different from the background but do not compete with the main motifs for attention.

© JEC/Carol-Anne Conway

Surprisingly, these areas took 11 hours to bead.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Navz said...

This is beautiful work. So intricate and amazing.

Digitalgran said...

Looking even better all the time Carol. You are having such fun creating this!

Rachel said...

Beading always takes longer than you expect, doesn't it!

Jan said...

I am truly amazed! This is beyond gorgeous! But I have to ask - how to you do the beading inside all the large bead outlines? I''m not very experienced in beading and this is beyond my abiltites. But I love it!